Traditional Swedish Meatballs in Cream Sauce
Serve Lars Own® Swedish Meatballs with Traditional Cream Sauce (see recipe below), mashed potatoes and lingonberries. Or try over egg noodles, in a sandwich, as an hors d’oeuvre, or added to your favorite sauce or casserole.
Heating Instructions: Lars Own® Swedish Meatballs are fully cooked. Heat to an internal temperature of 160ºF using any of the following methods:
Preheat oven to 325ºF (177ºC). Arrange frozen meatballs in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
Place frozen meatballs in a lightly oiled skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often, until heated through.
Place 6 to 12 frozen meatballs onto a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1½ -2 minutes or until heated through. Heating more servings at once will take additional time. For entire bag, stir meatballs occasionally for even heating.
1 package (20 oz) Lars Own® Swedish Meatballs
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup beef stock or broth
½ cup light or heavy cream
1 Tsp soy sauce or to taste
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Place frozen meatballs in a lightly oiled skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often, until heated through.
- Remove meatballs from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, melt butter.
- Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add stock, cream and soy sauce; whisk constantly until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 2-3 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return meatballs to skillet and coat with sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and lingonberries, if desired.
What our customers say
0 reviews, 0 Q&As