Traditional Swedish Ham
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: Approx. 20 minutes per pound
1 6-9 lbs. Lars Own® Swedish Cured Bone-In Ham
2 egg yolks
1 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp Lars Own® Swedish Style Spicy Brown Mustard
6 Tbsp fine dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the ham, rind up, on a roasting pan lined with aluminum foil. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the ham making sure it does not touch the bone.
- Place the roasting pan on the top rack of your oven. When the ham reaches 145°F, pull from the oven and remove the rind. At this time turn your oven up to 450°F
- Combine ingredients (egg yolks, sugar, Lars Own® Spicy Brown Mustard) in a bowl. With a pastry brush, brush mixture on the top and sides of the ham. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the ham.
- Bake ham in the 450°F oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with kale, prunes and an apple or orange. Cut ham into slices. Serve hot or cold.
Lars Own® Swedish Style Spicy Brown Mustard is an award-winning mustard that also tastes great on sandwiches, in sauces, dips and marinades.
What our customers say
0 reviews, 0 Q&As